Saturday 27 August 2011

Anna movement has shook the Indian blood in me.....

Got up early and switched on the television to watch how Anna is doing. Doctors said he need to go to hospital but he declined saying his conscious does not allows him to and he wants to fight for this cause. Hearing this my heart began to wonder, a man who has not married, served in army, lives on a meager amount of pension, has kept several fasts earlier for the benefit of his village Ralegaon in Maharashtra is still declining even a glucose drip in spite of his degrading condition.
On the other hand look at the government’s conscious, they have been exposed fully in front of people, deep dug in scams and scandals, still they are on their ground that they won’t give into Anna’s apt demands.
Day 9 of his fast and his condition is deteriorating  continuously. The news channel people are busy giving their live feeds. Reporters busy in catching the latest scoop. People are gathered and dancing as if some fair is going on. The hooligans sort of dance bare chest in rain with the Tiranga in hand. Government gives some useless basis for not giving in to his demands. My family on the other hand is divided with me and my father glued on to the t.v. to watch what is going on with my brother constantly whining to switch the channel to discovery turbo and my mom wanting to see some serial.
I am sure this could be the scene in many homes. Bills gets passed. New laws are made. What difference does it makes to us?? We are too scared to report against any officer because who knows what penalty we have to pay if we complaint.  In my opinion this bill will only be effective if common people like us are assured that we will not suffer on the hands of powerful people.
I hope some solution comes and Anna breaks his fast.
Jai Anna. Jai Hind.

No comments:

Post a Comment