Thursday 15 September 2011

Phew!!! That got over......


Some days start with so hustle bustle and panic that I wait for the clock to strike 12 and announce the beginning of a new day.

Anyways, some very weird things happened as I reached office and the day started. Well, I work in an IT company which is a big software giant in India. And I have been recently transferred to a new place. So as all the IT companies have the same story of bench strength, shortage of resources n blah blah, my company also is no exception. So let me tell you about a typical day in my life. My days are never complete without all the tensions and plannings and executing and then and unknown fear that something is gonna happen. Anyways I had three tragedies in a day guys..Here they are...

Tragedy No.1

I have no place to sit, no PC to work on and all my friends here are in a secured place where I can't enter without permission, so what do I do whole day?? I sit and stare at my cell so that the people passing by think I am either surfing net or messaging...;-) N I was getting so bored there sitting all alone that I thought of taking a quick round-up of my floor. I took out my cell phone and kept my bag inside the drawer cabinet in my cubicle. After loitering around for about half an hour I returned back to my cubicle and my jaw dropped and with a thud it touched ground....

The drawer cabinet was missing.. Ya really.. the wooden drawer cabinet with three drawers and weighing approx. 10-12 kg was missing. The only thought that crossed my mind at that instant was that i don't have a PC and how will I raise the request to the housekeeping department for my lost bag. Then i saw a guy and asked him if he had seen someone moving the cabinet. Thank GOD!! he told me that he had seen some guys sneaking it to their cubicle. Voila!! I found my bag. :)

Tragedy No.2

My stupidity has no boundaries.. yup that is me ..(sheepish grin).
I had to travel to my hometown on weekend and I happily browsed through the IRCTC website and booked the ticket for 1 o’ clock. Then I started packing my stuff and at about 8 o’ clock at night my father called me to ask about my train timings and coach no. n all. I told him to which he was confused as in by which train was I coming? I instead boasted that ya there is a train at that time. He said he will call me back and I cheekily said yeah sure.
He called me back and told me how stupid I was to book tickets for night 1 a.m. instead of afternnon. It seems there was no train in afternoon at 1 p.m. Oops ...
I then checked out my travel history on the site and yes my father was absolutely right. I did’t even bothered to check that the clock in railways and airways and basically all the transportation sites run on a 24 hour clock system.
And so stupid of me I booked wrong tickets not once but twice.. yeah due to some technical glitch I thought my tickets aren’t booked and I booked the wrong one’s once more Yeah yeah .. I had a really bad day L.
It didn’t ended here. Then again I booked the right tickets but at the last moment I got a carpool to my city and eventually had to cancel all the bookings. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the IRCTC people don’t block my ID because of all this booking and cancelling drama.

Tragedy No.3
So, I am new in the city and in hunt for a house to share with a gal. I searched the house n booked it and all but then again came to know from someone that she is again hunting for a roommate.
Then,  I again contacted that gal and clarified the situation . Thankfully my space was already booked in that house.
But now I kinda regret living there because umm.. I mean I am not blaming her or anything but I am a lively person and I like life to be colorful n when I am living away from my parents I want to sleep late and eat junk food and browse internet and watch T.V. whole day long.. Well I don't think that I am having any unreasonable demands or anything. I don't even have a boyfriend so I just want to be myself and laze around in house, but she is quite the opposite .. kinda mummy types..with everything properly done and all.. And worse of all . I am a big time foodie and an awesome cook.. ya.. bite me for saying that But I really am an awesome cook and I specialize in snacks and special dishes and she .. yuks .. she sucks in making a normal pulav and she tortures me with her bad cooking.. Well, I don't know how I will survive with her after returning back ..
In any case I will keep you guys posted.. :)
Till then XOXO.. keep rocking..:)



1 comment: